Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Reading in the Summer

Summer has always been my favorite season, though now Summer doesn't hold quite the same promise that it used to. (Spring is edging in for first in favorites...)
The near-sweltering hot days we've been having the past week and are expected to have are making me think of those summer hazes, where nothing much gets done, but fulfilling exhaustedness sets in and everyone is happy.  (Unless the haters cut through your haze with all their complaining about the heat.  Stick a popsicle up their butts and move your beach chair.)
I love soaking up the sun  -after applying sunscreen of course- one of my happy places is sitting in a low chair (or even laying on a big towel) reading a book on the beach. 
I plan on getting into some of my  self-imposed summer reading requirements in this fashion:




It seems I am in need of a hat. 
...And how's this for cool summer nights?! Backyard movies!
(My favorite cool summer night places are the Ocean City Boardwalk and anywhere near water having drinks with friends. Bringantine, Somers Point and Mays Landing freinds' houses and The Deck at the Marina comes to mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment