Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beginner's Sun Salutation Pictorial

Kurt's out of percocets.  The bottle in his car is empty and I didn't see any anywhere else.
...so what happens now?  I plan on studying his withdrawal.  And staying calm, remembering that he has an illness and it is not my responsibility to get him to stop eating pills (or to stop being a pothead). As I said in the email to my brother (who I really should call) "It Is What It Is." 

That being said, I'm putting together my favorite 'beginner's sun salutation guide' from MBV, my homegirl.

 Right now, I'm doing what I think must be the ultimate beginner's version, which is: go straight from plank to your belly on an exhale, then to modified cobra with the next inhale.

I truly love yoga, and I'm so grateful to have taken that beginner's class last year and to have the chance to do the classes that I can now.  'Develop a Home Practice' is high on the list of things to do.  A lot of the other things I would like to do/accomplish hinge on the sense of self and calm that yoga helps me with.



images via Chi blog, and 'Chi blog favorite' goes to Margaret Burns Vap (aka my homegirl)

I hear a MBV blog post calling from the distance... {hello!..}. {{hello!}}

No comments:

Post a Comment