Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Naming the Issue

I think my antsy-giddy sleeplessness (feeling lovesick and daydreaming about passionate kisses) has just as much to do with an irrational-based on nothing-teenage style crush on 'Frank' as it does starting (grand opening commencement of) my public blog.  It means a lot to me I guess.  In an almost subconscious way I am aware of the possibilities doing this could bring -and how much it would mean to my daughter, and me!  Just trying this is a big step, and I guess that it what is keeping me up when I wake in the wee hours of the morning -that I am taking a big step.  The beginning of something.  I feel like last week I had reached a plateau and then promptly fell off in a downward spiral.  I knew, not how, that I would break out of it and gather momentum again, but in a different way.  Positivity has many facets, as positivity in and of itself can be difficult to buy into.  I have my own little brand of cynical optimism that you don't read about in the secret and other self-help books.

So that's it, I'm taking a big step.  I think I thought of a http name: thepleasantvilleproject.  It makes sense to me -drives home why I'm doing all this, sort of commemorates where I'm starting and I like the name Pleasantville (the irony, but also that it could be a fun design name...kitschy, playful).

The name itself will no doubt change and be a process of settling in...  I got nuthin' right now, I'll like something for a few minutes, then hate it.

This reminds of the Batman Movies ...love the dark mood

Some findings I'm loving from this morning (trying this joannacoffee style):
(Pics aren't loading... swans from rosaline's this is glamorous blog)
(Pics aren't loading... Avocado and Smashed White Bean Salad)
For extra flavor, mix some fresh lemon juice and chopped garlic into the bean mixture.
  • And this, (apropos of my blog title) I am finding brilliantly hilarious right now. "The first step is admitting you have a problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment