Monday, June 6, 2011

In the Market for...

 Having no clear idea of what to say today, and desperately clinging to my 'blog everday!' resolution, I would like to go simple: product lust. consumerism. trying to cover up the irritation that the 'spending less, aquire less, appreciate more' proverb is so difficult to stick to.  I'm all for quality personal development, but I also love art and color and beautifully made things.  I want to fill my life with more things that I love, things that personify me.
That being said, I am in need of a little 'mini' crossover bag.  I saw a woman wearing a little red one, which I believe this 'saddle' colored Fossil bag is an alternate of, and I thought, 'how conveniently perfect!'.  Running errands and going on adventures with a little one is more successful with a tremendous feat of planning.  I find myself only grabbing my wallet and throwing that into the diaper bag (K's out of diapers, but still needs 'supplies': potty seat, extra pants and underwear, wipes, and a good stock of dazzling occupiers), I end up wishing even the wallet were smaller -I don't need hardly anything in it, why carry it around?
This Fossil mini bag is adorable.  And functional.  There.  And though I yearn to be lead away from leather products, I love a good brown leather, a medium caramel color -though I love a dark chocolatey one too- and distressed is best.  Decent quality that convinces me it will last -for decades will win me over.




This one, a little bigger and not fitting to the criteria for necessity(poo), is awesome too.  Really into Fossil right now.  For a whole, I had fallen into the L-Dog and Daft Princess traphole of 'if its not a coach, its not worth having'.  Then I came to my senses when I realized what an asshole I would look like wearing a 2 to 3 hundred dollar bag while my daughter is being raised in Pleasantville (I plan on buying a house in a better school district, but has it happened yet? no.) and has NOTHING set aside for college.



That being said, the latter bad is $128 and the first, littler, more functional bag is $50 and I have no plans to get either one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment