Monday, June 27, 2011

More Blog Love


I have not (yet) finished what I set out to do this morning, but I have found a new blog that I am finding interesting and has got me thinking: about being a writer.  This thought train began a long time ago, and was give a turbo chugging dose of coal when my grandmother died and I got to thinking what an amazing life she had.  She was a professional writer.  Made a living, helped raise her children and made herself a name (we, my old peeps and I, used to call them local celebrities).
The Newly Found Blog with carefully and well thought and thiught-provoking posts is called Remarks from Sparks and is written by a 28 year old grad student (writing degree) who still shops at forever21 and happens to also do letterpress.  (Letterpress. Who knew?)
I am realizing not only how important it is to have your voice as a writer, but also how important it is to me to develop and have a voice and really be a writer. Heart wrenching how bad I want this.  Or I may be getting confused over my forlorn feeling-sorry-for-myself state over my latest crush.  Just waiting for someone to confess their undying love and devotion for me.  (I know it was just that "THERE SHE IS!!" day in the stairway.  I mean really who does that? --Oh, he must love me. Apparently just waiting for my next chance to be a fool.  Dumb guy didn't even know me -though he seems to have realized that.  Rode with KB and I in the elevator -done deal).  I just want that kind of enthusiasm to be real -wouldn't it be great to get that sort of attention every day.  I'm a silly, silly girl.  I really do feel lovesick.  Or maybe its just that I haven't really exercised in a while, I'm hungry, I didn't sleep well last night, I don't have anyone to talk to at work and I've been stuck in the computer screen all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment