Friday, June 17, 2011

Poh-KEH-toe

I'd like to get into sharing favorite shopping websites -and eventually other sites- that I love and get really excited about.  I think these will be posts that show my energy and, because its shopping, may likely spark interest. 
So, I found a really great shop site that I've been >swooning< over all morning.  Poketo! Their mission statement is 'art for your everyday', which means it has a lot of the uniquely interesting/artsy/functional lifestyle products that I love.  And its somewhat affordable, which I wouldn't bother loving if it wasn't.
Some of my favorite finds:
 Polka dots and stripes! Navy and white! Shark-bite hem!
 Great colors in a unique shape... Haven't tried the dolman or batwing style shape, but I'm think it would go along well with my new 'I'm a mom now' aesthetic.
 This is one of those belts that could make its way up from cotton braided skinny belt = 'fun accessory' to 'necessary basic', which would then justify its purchase possibly be aquired.  This belt was shown with the top above as a waist-cincher, with the tail of the belt tucked and hanging down -so cute.
 This dress is just cute. And colorful. And fun. Ok, yes I would wear it!
 These are those summer scarves that are so light and pretty done perfectly and affordably.  They have a couple different styles.  I would love to do this with a white tank and simple, dressy shorts or jean shorts with flat sandals.
 This bag is what first clinched this site as 'awesome'.  Perfect size and pocket details for functionality: cell phone & keys in the front, a book inside (which for me means a large book -and not just one- plus whatever other crap I feel a need to carry around), a crossbody strap and cute colors and stitching details make it adorable and cool.  The coral is great, but I think I want the blue one. Guaranteed I'll be lusting after this bag for weeks.
Guatamalan, 'ethically'(?) handmade 'Chi Chi' necklaces in red, orange and blue.  They come in hued strands of three and I definitely want the blue one.  I would so rock this.

Thanks Poketo!

These type of stores make me think that maybe I could have a shop, probably an online shop (but wouldn't it be great to have a real shop somewhere like Smithville?!) where I could 'curate' a range of different products that I love and want to endorse. Hmm... ways to shake my moneymaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment