Friday, June 24, 2011

Headbands

To head up, an Anouncement:
I do believe that I am ready go public and do a 'real' blog.  Why not? I need to get a round-up of good, consistent posts going, I know what I need to edit and what will work, and after confessing my mastermined plans to my brother, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.  It doesn't have to be known to the whole family (i.e. L-Dog or Kurt), I just want to get it started with some simple kitschy posts and develop content later.

And speaking of heads, I am a headband fanatic.  I don't wear them all the time (ahem, as much as I would like to -they do not always fit the situation, the outfit, or the grown woman) and 'headband fanatic' does not mean I'm into 'fanatical headbands'.  I am specifically looking into simple, at least somewhat understated, pretty hair jewelry.  Not to be combined with too much other adornments and not to be worn at serious toned prove-your-grown-up-seriousness related activities.

Here are the contenders:
Love the messy-hair pony tail in this one.


This is actually how I, as of now, usually wear headbands.





Love this.  And I know how it will look!


This is actually a long-time Etsy favorite.  I would so rock this. Probably more often than I should.

I'm not sure about this one, but I think with the right outfit and occasion and placed over a 'bit-unkempt' bun, this would be great.


Maybe a little fancy, but again, love the leaves.

This may be a little much, but I can't help it -I like it!

Loving the animal-theme lately, and this is different.

 
Comes in silver too, which I actually like better (very cute), but love the hair in this photo.


My current favorites are the 'patent' bow at the top, the little twisted bow, and the gold laurel leaf one gathering dust in my etsy favorites.

If I were posting this publicly, I would obliged to provide all image links, mention etsy shop names, number the headbands maybe? and edit the commentary to more cheesy, less self-specific notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment