Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dads

Feeling really inspired by a few things found in 'the surf' (<-is this corny? or is it just corny because I put it in quotes and then asked if it was corny?): I had be thinking this morning that I could do a fatherhood post, and thought maybe that would be okay for a first RealBlog post. I've been running into fatherhood musings a lot lately -not sure why, I hadn't been thinking on dad's much or looking for insights and nothing has clicked yet... but... you never know, just keep your eyes open.
This article found yesterday via a blog lost in the ether: Jeff Pearlman's adamant suggestions on CNN. (I'm thinking next father's day print out 1 through 10 and handing them out?)  And, a bit eerily, just this morning Miss Jo's husband got a spot with this to say.  All this precipitated by the lengthy chapter on fatherhood  in this book (I'm still reading it), written by John Gottman, who I can only assume is a SuperDad.
Then there's this...
...which I'm thinking about sending to it to brother Steve, another SuperDad of sorts. (I mentioned that he looked like a hipster with his grown-out -toupee looking don't tell him I said so- hairdoo and this "Your dad was inappropriate before you were" blog falls right in line with the Steve-O persona.)


Then, I found something else I was blog-inspired by: and entire blog called Little Lottie Loves, a sibling of Lottie Loves.  I'm not especially sparked by the blog itself, though I'll read it, but I love the idea and plan to expand upon(upon? on?) it: Children's clothes, interiors and all other related products plus KB events, activities and anecdotes (I'm thinking 'Kara says...or is...') Not as much readership as a general women's interest blog, but I think I would come up against less road blocks and be more inspired and less timid.

No comments:

Post a Comment