Friday, June 3, 2011

Girlie Painting



This is what we did yesterday after school/work and dinner (hot dogs, waffle fries and orange walnut salad -which turned out even yummier than I expected and K was more into it than I thought he would be).  I had been wanting to get the lady outside for some al fresco painting.  Its on that list of things that seem fun for a kid and summery to me.  These are the kind of days I want her to remember from her childhood.  She was completely engrossed -she kept saying 'I'm making a abstract painting.  Abstract painting.' over and over again.  Did I ever mention that I'm actually a big fan of Calliou? (The newer episodes. Yikes to the older ones.)  So KB and I made some good memories and K helped clean up -it was straight into the tub after this.


The fruits of our labor.  A fun afternoon.
(What do you think of my romaine lettuce stem stamp flowers? Ha! Did I mention I'm an aspiring artist? Er, maybe just aspriring to aspire...)

1 comment:

  1. I'm also aspiring to get the hang of picture alignment... is it the blog format/layout? It doesn't look like this when I'm composing.

    ReplyDelete