Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I think I may marry him

Well...
I didn't write yesterday after I 'did something weird' (how I put it when I confessed to Robin my latest crush).
I left him the note, in his cube, on his desk.  I spent the rest of the day fretting about what would happen next, how he would take it, if it would creep him out, if it would start something that maybe I couldn't deal with, he couldn't deal with, or if it would be taken simply as a stranger's expression of gratitude (<--this is the one that I used to make it okay to do...)
I was determined to avoid him today.  Not to try to run into him, but still do what I had to do out of the lab, but without lingering.  I wanted at least a day or two to process what I did.  To figure out... I wanted to leave the note as a offering of sincere, pure gratitude, not just to him, but to the universe -appreciating the little moments where I feel safely and exuberantly happy.  I tried to leave it be, I figured wondering if anything would happen and how it would affect him was normal, but I wanted to leave it and just feel good about telling someone how I feel without any expectation -after all, this was a thank you for something that had been given to me.  Bravery in return for bravery.
So anyway... !!! I was walking back to the lab, and I was about to get to the doors the bridge AND   I saw him through the window.  huh?! what's he doing back here?! We talked. a little. Idk, it seems like a stupid conversation now.  I was so nervous -caught off guard again- and again I was, honestly, a coward.  He asked about my daughter and asked if I was married, and I feel awful and ashamed that I didn't say I had a boyfriend.  That must be fixed asap.  It's not right: I wanted to give him hope! I did! But the reality is that there's barely any at all.  No one knowingly wants to make a grotesque Jerry Springer episode out of their life.  He should be able to make an informed decision about wanting to keep trying to talk to me 'another day'.  (That's what he said.  "well, I'll bother you another day." Dude. You are never a bother.) He should be able to decide whether he wants to talk to me again or not, knowing everything, having all the information.  I should have mentioned Kurt.
I thought maybe I would run into him at some point, maybe in a few days, and maybe he would say hi and maybe that would be it, or maybe he would keep seeming down and nothing would happen.  I was going to make myself be okay with that.  I NEVER thought he would come where I had never seen him before... LIKE HE HAD COME LOOKING FOR ME.  I have to admit, I just love that.  His actions are what I need.
Oh. AND. I confessed to Robin the whole Francisco story.  All of it.  And she said the most (surprisingly) encouraging thing anyone could possibly say... "That's such a nice story!"  Robin cares... and can be really great.  Thanks Robin... yeah, it is a nice story.
...he was so cute, the way he was talking to me.  "You're really quiet!" I think he said it twice, it must be frustrating for him.  I was so nervous, getting that frozen feeling the more I tried to talk, I forgot to smile.  I asked his name, told him it was nice meeting you, and held(shook!) his hand.  I adore him.  That's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment