Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blog Envy + Excited Paralysis

I haven't been 'practice-blogging' for a while... I've been reading/stalking a lot of other people's blogs and besides getting obsessively sucked in, I've also been studying, analyzing and 'swooning' over what people have created and feeling a little...  inadequate.  I realize I am in the process and must simply forge ahead, but my 'research', if I can call it that, has definitely set the bar higher and made me realize what really may be possible with having a successful blog.  At the moment I am exactly halfway between inspired motivation and deflated procrastination.

Just a handful of the blogs that have me in such a state of excited paralysis:

Stephmodo: I came across this blog a while ago, my first blog love, and I find Steph to be interesting/simple/charming and intriguing.  I find myself wondering about the woman herself, her life, her kids, her husband, her reno in france... Her simple, straightforward, daily blog posts make it seem possible to be a blogger by making it look simple.  It takes about thirty seconds to catch up and be brightened by Stephmodo.  I really like her voice.  Not too fashion-y.

Simple Lovely: Beautiful photography, more detailed writing with more of a personal approach.  I love this womans sense of style: there's a lot of fashion, art, home interiors.  I like the voyeristic feeling I get from reading her blog.

A Cup of Jo: "Jo" has sense of humor that comes through in her work that I really like.  I can identify with this blog, its the voice I like, I think, more than the content of the posts.

There seems to be a little bit of popularity 'clicking' among bloggers.  They'll have links to other blogs and a lot of them show up over and over again.  I notice a lot of bloggers have other sites that they write for (or pin for...)

I am currently obsessed with Pinterest.  After waiting a week for my 'invite' I finally got my own account and its a little anti-climactic, but still I think is good to be on.  I just love the endless live feed of people pins... its a happy place.

I also discovered Polyvore, which was fun for a while.  There are other similar sites.  I was specifically looking for a 'make a collage' site and that came up in a google seach and grabbed me.

I was really inspired by Stephmodo's post when she was 'spring cleaning' and posted pictures of things for sale.  I thought it would be a good idea for getting extra interest in craigslist sales and possibly avoiding ebay and etsy fees (which seem exhorbitant and ridiculous). However, I've been dragging my feet on my 'spring cleaning' sales.  The ideas for getting rid of the plethora of junk clogging up my basement AND attic are weighing down my mind.  Something's gotta give.

No comments:

Post a Comment