Friday, April 15, 2011

Wishlist:(restraint)

Well, Mother's Day is around the corner... at least ads have started coming out.

So, I'm doing really well on my "Stop the Spending Insanity Starvation Diet", so well, in fact, that I'm even getting a bit uppity.

But I am a 'creative type', I love clothes and shoes and jewelry (though it may be a bit hard to tell), and even, now that I'm older and a homeowner and a mother, home decorating, kitchen gadgets and 'foodie' food.  So as part of my spending crash diet, I still 'browse' and wish and lust.

My WhatI'mLovingNow Wishlist, made up of longstanding old and new wishes include (but are by no means limited to):

Wayfarer Raybans
Do I get go-with-everything black or tortise for a softer (and maybe less rocker/more sophisticated?) look and to be different?

I've learned a lot about the lenses you can get with these. There is quite a confusing selection: G15, B15, and the push-the-price-over-the-top polarized (which Kurt has for his aviators that I bought him in our babymoon phase.  The aviators do truly look awesome on him.) I'm thinking that the G15s would be best for my eyes and what I'll be mostly using them for.


Self-filtering Water Bottle
There are a lot of different types of these out there, and problems it seems with each one.  My question, which I don't see being addressed, is: do these filters make tap water safer and healthier? or am I just doing this for taste?  I like the idea of this, but I may also look into those folding water bottles.  That seems like a convenience that may make more sense.


PotteryBarn Jewelry Dish
This is just precious.  Reminds me of spring.  (And the birdbath I would love for our yard.) And I actually could really use one!  It would make getting ready for bed and getting ready for work a little easier.  One problem is that there is no surface neither in the bathroom or in our bedroom to place this. Our home is a work in progress... this issue of mine is the least of our worries but a  bonus if some of our 'to-dos' ever get done.  (I'm talking about the bathroom behind the toilet shelves -I believe this request falls on deaf ears --gee, I wish I had carpenter-guy-friend who could put up some shelves for me-- and the bedroom closet, which could be absolutely awesome -the closet of my dreams!- but right now I'd settle for functional.  At least he seems sort of with me on the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment