Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ok! So I made the adorable coconut cupcakes and they came out... Adorable! And delicious!
(They also won me a little appreciation which I really need once in a while. Hopefully the batch I'm making again for the daycare and for Lorraine's Easter dinner family get-together will be successful too.)
After they were all done and decorated, even Kurt was taking pictures of them!


I also finally got my act together and, after running to the produce outlet on my lunch break yesterday for cashews, I made the cashew chicken recipe for Kurt.  Another hit! And not too difficult.  We gave Kara the chicken before adding the hoisin sauce with rice and I figured out that I could do a pretty fair tofu substitute. Kara actually like the tofu with the sauce on it.  I also added julienned peppers (remember to add them earlier next time) for a little veggie action.






Here is another one of my culinary forays that deserves, I think, documenting.  This is the second time that I made Cornflake Chicken, but the first I tried it with tofu (Which I really liked.)


And the weekend before last, on Saturday, we went to Shae's for lunch after the library with Kara.  A hectic ordeal, but I managed to snap this before inhaling it: Almond Stuffed French Toast... or something like that.  Delicious! I couldn't get over how good this was... almond paste (think bearclaw flavor) and cream cheese, thick french toast, ammoretto flavored whipped cream and toasted almonds on top.  The place is sort of cramped and the wait is usually long and disorganized, but the food... always worth it.  Kurt has a man-crush on the friendly host-owner who is always there when we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment