Thursday, March 17, 2011

What I'm loving now

What I'm loving now is actually my new phone. I thought that I would hold it my hand and be embittered by how it represented a lack of ability to communicate with Kurt about how we need spend less money -lower our outcome- and be more mindful of the important goal of getting Kara out of Pleasantville. But actually, right now at least, I really like it. I'm very interested in seeing what it can do and excited by its potential -not just to reign in the scattered tendencies of how Kurt and I manage our everyday life- but how it could make me more organized and streamline my life as it fills in details that are important to me. Of course, all this goodwill towards my new little 'device' was prompted by a few superficial but immediate gratification type of details: 1. The Hello Kitty live wallpaper I found. (Its so cute and so great, my reasons could almost just end there) 2.Not only did I get to keep all my pictures from my old phone, but now they look great! I love flipping through them! 3. the camera on this thing is... let's go ahead and say 'pretty awesome'. It has more megapixels than my $350 sony camera and will hold, I think, at least as many pictures. The phone itself has more memory, but how much can you use for pictures? Especially since I would also like to download music on the phone... There are a lot of things still left to be learned about my new state-of-the-art make-me-feel-cooler device, and the figuring out is slow going, but for right now, I'm happy with it.

...
My little 'month of March birthdays dinner party' for my family went pretty well.  My little house is so hard to arrange adequate seating for things like this, but with Uncle Dave, Mom and Steve being the entire guest list things worked out okay.  My glowing accomplishment was the Cornflake Chicken which turned out awesome -not that I would know... it looked good! (Wish I had taken pictures.)  I'm excited to do it again soon and I'll have to remember next time to serve it with honey mustard and barbeque sauce (<--great last minute suggestion by Kurt!) The pasta salad came together 'just okay' by my standards, but people did eat it. I thought it was on the bland side (needed more cheese or a more flavorful dressing than 'light italian') but it was beautifully colorful.  I was a mad-cookin'-fool that day and actually managed to do the cheesecake with cherry topping (which was delicious but was so not set) and brownie bites.  There was beer, wine and wine coolers and a pepperoni, cheese and cracker plate.  I think everyone had a okay time -it was a good get-together.  My hostessing skills definitely need refining but I think for a full-time-working-generally-disorganized-anyway-mom I did pretty well!

I'm discovering that I really do love to cook. I thought I did, I just haven't had much opportunity to test the theory. Finding recipes can be hard being a vegetarian with a variably picky-eater partner and a toddler.  My goal is to trade off between doing things I know only I will like and things only Kurt can eat, in between recipes that are chosen solely for my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment