Friday, March 11, 2011

What I'm loving now

(took this title from a magazine...)
...my breakfast. 0% fat Fage Greek Yogurt (15 grams of protien, thank you very much!) with sliver toasted almonds(from Trader Joe's), drizzle of honey and a grapefruit(which took me 20 tedious minutues to cut up, but was worth it).
I feeling good in a way that only a self-intiated healthy meal can make you feel (pat myself on the back) --even though nothing but sweaty exercize and sit-ups can save me from the Burger King meal of fish sandwich (with cheese!), fries, soda and Oreo sudae pie I had last night. I blame Kurt -homeboy thinks he not overweight. (Sorry, was that mean? Maybe Kurt should get his own blog.) ... (scratch that, I just had a text-convo with Kurt, he's having a salad with chickpeas for lunch today and thinks 'all the salads for lunch are why he's losing weight...' Kurt and I seem to communicate better through texting, oddly-or sadly- enough, but, one of the things I do like about Kurt is that he does often like to talk about food. ...There you go! POSTIVE!)

I'm also loving my new tea-mug I bought from the studio after yoga Wednesday night. Its black with a shades-of-blue glaze on the inside. I decided I needed it when I saw that it had cover, which I've been thinking about finding and buying for walks from the break area back to the lab. Its a long walk, and usually an awkward hustle with a napkin haphazardly covering my mug as though that would help the searing hot water to spill out. Also loving as well the Bigelow green jasmine tea I got that night -really only because it was on sale. Jasmine is one my favorites though, it has an earthy, grounded, meditational flavor to me.

...
Almost the end of the day... I have a busy weekend ahead of me, as usual. Tomorrow is: going to the mall with Kurt and Kara to ultimately get new cell phones and and higher cell phone bill. (whoopee. I don't know how this is going to work out, trying to understand a teenager's explanation of a new fancy phone plan with a toddler either demanding attention or trying to run off into a crowd of strangers. I suggested asking Lorraine to sit, but that never went anywhere so... should be interesting. Another test.) After the mall is: get Kara home for her nap, and frantically clean the house, cook chicken and cupcakes, prepare a pasta salad and cheesecake, and wrap gifts before my Mom, Scott and Steve get there. I'm excited to try a baked chicken recipe I found and I'm improvising a pasta salad -which I really hope turns out 'not-bland'. I love pasta salad -a great vehicle for lots of fresh veggies- but I don't have a lot of experience putting them together.

From me to me: wish you luck this weekend! Endure!

No comments:

Post a Comment